Financial Consent: Buhrs Physiotherapist Inc & Herbst JA Biokineticist Inc
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They are all important. The terms and conditions constitute an enforceable agreement between us. If you have any questions, please contact your administrator or healthcare practitioner through the App, who will assist you with your query.
- You remain responsible for the payment for the services provided (assessment by a physiotherapist or biokineticist, and the preparation, deployment and monitoring of an exercise programme by a biokineticist or physiotherapist).
- You should note that we are obliged by law to include codes on your accounts that identify the services that you receive from us (procedure codes) and stipulate your diagnosis (ICD-10 codes). Without these codes, your medical scheme might not reimburse for these services.
- We will submit a copy of the account to your medical scheme on your behalf, should it be determined that there are benefits to cover these services. It is anticipated that your medical scheme will pay the amount directly to the relevant practice. Should the scheme for some reason pay this into your own account, it will be your responsibility to pay this across to the relevant practice in settlement of services rendered.
- Should it be determined that there no be benefits available to cover these services, a payment link will be sent to you immediately after your online assessment by the physiotherapist and again after your personalised programme is deployed to your profile on the App by the biokineticist or physiotherapist. You shall then be required to make payments using a credit or debit card. You will only obtain access to the full exercise programme, once the payments have been cleared. The fees for 2024 are as follows:
(a) Physiotherapy assessment: R394.50 (including VAT).
(b) Exercise programme and remote monitoring by a biokineticist and/or physiotherapist per 4-week block: R1157.20 (including VAT).
- Should it be determined after the submission of your account to the medical that the claim is rejected or not settled in full, you will be required to make a payment in settlement of services rendered as per point 4 above.
- The costs of the device you use to run the App on and any data costs incurred to access the App and to engage with a physiotherapist or biokineticist remotely are for your own account.
- You are responsible for paying all outstanding accounts, including charges incurred by us for any dishonoured payments, as well as collection and legal fees (on an attorney-own client scale) for accounts we must collect. We will hand outstanding accounts over for collection to debt collectors or attorneys. You may be listed as a ‘bad payer’ at credit bureaus if you do not pay these accounts.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed, construed and enforced according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa in South Africa.
- Any disputes that may arise from your use of the App and the services on the App, which we cannot resolve between ourselves, will be resolved by arbitration.
- I confirm that I am 18 years or older and mentally competent to agree to these terms and conditions.
- I agree to the terms and conditions of this Financial Consent, including to pay for the services that I will receive through the App.
- I confirm that I have not been forced or unduly influenced to agree to the terms and conditions.